Ordering Caps and Gowns
- We're currently offering cap and gown ordering services entirely online. GVSU's official cap and gown vendor, OakHall, and the GVSU Laker Store have partnered to create an easy to use website for your cap and gown ordering needs. Please follow the link to get started, and have these items shipped directly to your home. Order Here
- The last day to order graduation gowns for the April 2022 ceremony is 4/8/2022.
- You can purchase regalia individually or as a package.
- If you have any Cap and Gown questions regarding your program, email Laker Store
- Once you have ordered your cap & gown online, please direct customer service inquiries to OakHall at 800-456-7623 or email [email protected].
- OakHall will assist with any returns. They accept unopened regalia items within 60 days of purchase.
How To Order Grad Regalia
What’s the difference between Bachelors (education) and Bachelors (non-education) on Step 2?
If you are going to be graduating with a teaching degree from the college of education you will want to choose the education option. This will add the light blue and white education cord that is needed for your graduation day. Be sure to select education if you are ordering your items separately as well. If you are graduating with any other degree you will choose non-education. You will not receive an additional cord.
What’s the difference between Complete Package and Individual Pieces?
If you do not have a cap, gown, tassel, or hood (for Masters and higher only), you will want to order the complete package to get everything you need for graduation. If you are borrowing or have any part of the required regalia you can select the individual pieces option and order only the items you will need.
Why can’t I pick up my items in-store?
There is no option to pick up in-store through the Oak Hall site. Your products are coming directly to you from the source. They work with a reputable shipping vendor so you will be able to track your package as soon as the shipper scans your package into their warehouse.
I have a question before I order. Who do I contact?
You can reach the Laker Store for any questions preorder by calling 616-331-2450 or emailing us at [email protected]. Once you have placed an order you will need to use the below to contact OakHall.
I need to make a return or have a question about the order I placed what do I do?
Once you have placed your order you will need to reach out to Oak Hall at 800-456-7623 or email [email protected]. Please have your order number ready.
Why am I ordering online?
Oak Hall is GVSU’s cap and gown manufacturer and fulfillment center through which students order graduation regalia – caps, gowns, tassels, and hoods. They stock inventory and ship conveniently to students ensuring your products get to you by the commencement date. We do not currently offer in-store pick up at this time. Please make sure to order by April 8th before the ordering site closes. Oak Hall works with a reputable shipping vendor so you will be able to track your shipment as soon as the carrier scans your package into their warehouse.
When do I have to order by?
The last day to order online is April 8th. Ordering by this date will ensure Oak Hall products will get to you by commencement. Ordering as early as possible is ideal.
What color are my cap, gown, and tassel?
Bachelors regalia is a royal blue and the tassel is white and blue. Masters level and higher will be in black gown and cap. The hood and tassel will be the color corresponding to your degree.
How should my gown fit?
Your gown should come to your mid-shin area when standing straight. Shoe height will not make a difference as to the length of the gown. You should be able to sit comfortably as well. Please try on your gown as soon as it arrives.